Renton Paddlesports Shop
Work at a beautiful waterfront paddling center, work very hard, with a wonderful staff, enjoy great benefits, and have lots of fun.
Part-time (weekends) in April, May June and September;
Full-Time in June, July and August
- Renton Paddlesports Shop Sales
- Assist customers with purchases, listen to and understand customer needs, describe equipment choices with strengths and weaknesses, help narrow selection down to two choices, help with final selection, ask for the sale in a gentle and supportive manner. Ring up sales and balance at the end of the day. Help keep shop clean, neat and organized.
- 1 full-time seasonal position through September 30 available, must be available on weekends
- May be combined with another Cascade position.
- Cheerful and outgoing (lots of smiles), positive and interested in helping customers
· Empathetic to customers’ needs
· Works well with others, likes to work hard, likes a variety of types of work – some physical, some intellectual, likes to learn new things – inquisitive, explorative
- Likes to work in an outdoor environment
- Able to follow Cascade company procedures and guidelines
- Able to plan schedule and meet commitments
- Able to lift 65 pounds
- Current First Aid & CPR
- Washington State Patrol background check required
· Greet and assist customers by with canoe, kayak and equipment selections, and complete sales (training provided)
· Able to promote Cascade products
· Thorough knowledge of Cascade products
· Receive, count, and pays out cash
· Receive and process credit cards
· Receive and process checks
· Compile, store, and retrieve data, using computer
· Operate office machines, such as computer, typewriter, adding, calculating, and duplicating machines
· Properly complete end of day report
· Help keep working areas clean and orderly
- Communicate with management regarding ways to improve
- Attend staff meetings
- Knowledgeable about our trips and lessons and pleased to share that information with customers (training provided)
- Able to provide basic canoe and kayak instruction (training provided)
· Must have fun!
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com